Wednesday, February 29, 2012

CUBISM - Why I Heart Re-Purposed Jewelry

A long time ago (two years or so) in a land far far away (Long Island) I purchased a cube necklace at Accessories. I wore it a total of three times when I accidentally attempted to pick something off the floor and it broke! Oh the horror. Since then, it has been hanging off the doorknob of my closet. I have shown it no love or attention until yesterday. Then all of a sudden...Eureka, it came to me. Re-purpose it! So I listened to the voice in my head and did just that. I took some pliers, opened the small rings that connected the cube to the length of the necklace and voila, a brand new (yet old) cube ring. Then, I went on Esty.com and came across a cube ring (mine is cooler and FREE) but no longer had a need for splurge thanks to the creative fabrics in my DNA I now have a great new ring! Go me!

My re-purposed ring - $FREE$

Ring on Esty.com - $248 USD 

No comments:

Post a Comment