Monday, September 19, 2011

Urban Baby 101- The World Of Onesies!

As your little one grows, so will your collection of clothes! I have learned to always buy a few sizes bigger. For example, if your little one is 6 months old, buy clothes 9-12 months, especially if he or she is a Tonka Truck! After having my bambino, a maternal switch came on and all of my energy was directed towards my pride and joy. Two years ago I would have bought a new Prada bag or a new pair of Steve Madden boots without any hesitation. Now, all of those impulse buys are no longer with "me" in mind. So while visiting the family this weekend, I took a long awaited trip to the mall. I usually do not have a shoppping POA (Plan of Action) in mind but on this particular day, I knew my son needed two things: some walking shoes and long-sleeve onesies! Thank goodness I was successful in buying him a new pair of shoes (Crocs) which I blogged about earlier today and some cool onesies even during this recession! I ususally do not shop at JC Penny but today was a brand new day. I went toward the toddler section and found a sale. Onesies 1/2 off. So I proceeded to pick out themed onesies. In the end, I was successful and purchased about 8 onesies for $37 after the cashier applied a $10 coupon at the register. (Being polite goes a long way!)This is what I call recession-proof shopping! Please see pics below.




No comments:

Post a Comment