Monday, September 19, 2011

Urban Baby 101- Cloth Diapers are the way to go!

Now that I am a mom all of 10 months, I think I know everything, at least about my own child. Prior to having my son, I knew I wanted to nurse and use cloth diapers. After having discussing about my intentions, I received a lot of hunched shoulders and blank stares from a few friends who were oblivious to the new innovations with cloth diaper systems. I guess people in my generation have no idea how cool cloth diapers can be, for baby and the environment. I, myself was a cloth diapered baby so, I have a huge appreciation for my mom's and grandma's dedication that kept my rear free and clear of diaper rash. For those new mom who are weary and hesitant about investing in cloth diapers, I have provided a helpful link that has been my bible for cloth diapers. I am proud to say that I have been using cloth diapers for over 9 months strong and intend to do so for future bambinos! http://www.cottonbabies.com/


When you visit this site, there are a few things you should know. First, there are about 4 type of cloth diapers, Indian hemp, Chinese, bleached and unbleached. Unbleached Indian Hemp happen to be my favorite and tend to be the more absorbent. Cloth diapers are accompanied with diaper covers. These covers come in a variation of colors styles and sizes. There are also two type of closures, snap and velro. I have attached pictures of my favorite covers on the website.





To date, I have over 30 diaper covers and over 20 cloth diapers. I even purchased disposables when we are out with the little one. Two more essentials, a wet bag for all those poopy and smelly diapers and a diaper sprayer to clean off poopy diapers in the bathroom. Believe me, both are very affordable and well worth the investment.  I could go on an on about cloth diapers but it is probably best if you visit the site and do your research. Happy hunting and please try out cloth diapers.... they are environmentally safe and good for the planet! Go Green!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment