Saturday, August 27, 2011

Irene Who? Are you as oblivious as me?




Seriously, is this the line for 10 items or less?

My Friday started off like any other Freaky Friday, get up, get baby ready for the day and head downtown to work. On this particular Friday, I was dragging my feet the entire morning. I did not leave my house until after 12 noon, which is unusual for me. While walking casually to the train, I noticed the weather was unusually hot and muggy so I spent over $3 on a Coolata from DD. To me, this was well worth the investment for my own confort. The trains downtown were running on time (a rarety, these days) and I was in a particularly good mood. I played Angry Bird Rio the entire trip and arrived in Brooklyn in one piece. I opted out on giving change to the resident homeless dude in the station (do not judge), only because at that time, I had not change. I soon greeted my cousin, made a few phone calls to a realtor ( always looking for a good deal in this economy) and made my way back to Lower Manhattan. Upon arriving at work, I was informed by our social media contact that Irene is steadily approaching and that our office building is one block from Zone A. After our experience with the earthquake tremors earlier this week, I knew this was an ominous sign. After our one hour conversation about the fast approaching storm, I had a panic attack and left work with at list of supplies in hand. I was able to get home before 5 pm, got supplies for the family and even had time to get a wine cooler for my jittery nerves. While shopping at our local grocery, I ran into neighbors and even my dentist. Go Figure. I had snap some shots of the longest queues ever! Before going home, I made sure to take my sister-in-laws advices and got a 6 pack of wine coolers to brace myself for the inevitable. What are you doing to prepare? Please comment and do not forget to purchase some  whiskey, rum or your alcohol of choice and dust off the scrabble board. No X-Box Live, WII or Netfilx if Irene takes out the power! Oh social media, what will we do without you! 

All the "crazies" are out at Key Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment