Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hunter and Gatherer..Rain Boots for Fall 2011

Now, I am not a super huge fan of rain boots. In fact, they remind me of my naive childhood playground days when kids would exchange lunches during recess and pick on the awkward looking kid. So while quietly riding the 2 train southbound, I boldly snapped shots of these Hunter brand boots in the name of blogging. One person wearing the boots was about 6' 3", 180 pounds,AA guy who was in fashion school (saw him toting an eco-friendly Parson's School of Design bag) and a 20-something fashionable White girl with her BFF... Both representing two different retail demographics...within arms length from one another. Don't get me wrong, these boots are kinda cool, especially since I've always wanted to name my kid Hunter! But, I had a sneaky suspicion that the price would not encourage me to buy them. I was not sure of the cost of these boots so of course I searched the internet to confirm my suspicion.

Not to my surprise, these boot run between $100-$125. That amount of money could cover most of my monthly utilities. Now that I put everything into perspective, these boots are staying on the www.zappo.com website. If you are less conservative and less fickle than I am, feel free to order these official Hunter Boots and get free shipping at. Zappo.com . Rate these boot!  Can these boots blurr the  color lines and unite different retail demographics as one? Are they worth more than the rain drenched ground you will be treading on? Probably not, but you can be the judge of that!




No comments:

Post a Comment